THE FASHION CHART FOR THE WEEK OF 8th NOVEMBER 2014.
1. Anna Wintour’s had a good week. She’s just been awarded the Outstanding Achievement Award by the British Fashion Council for her tremendous work in the fashion industry. She will be awarded the honour at their annual ceremony at the London Coliseum on the 1st December. Read more about it here.
2. Carnaby Street are celebrating the Christmas season with what else, than a Christmas shopping party. For one night only on Thursday 13th November, there will be live DJs, in-store parties and 20% off in over a 100 stores. Shopping and partying at one of my favourite shopping spots in London? Wild horses couldn’t keep me away! Find out more info here.
3. In case you lived under a rock for the last few weeks H&M launched their latest designer collaboration with Alexander Wang last week, and as predicted it sold out within hours and crashed the H&M site for a few hours. But according to fashionista.com some stores were selling up to $5,000 worth of Alexander Wang pieces despite there being a limit on the number of items shoppers could buy. Either way, with the revenue and publicity they brought in, H&M is definitely having a good week. Here’s the link to the original article.
4. Apparently it’s not cool anymore to wear two earrings as both Céline and Louis Vuitton sent catwalk models down their runways wearing only one earring for a/w 2014. Look’s like it’s time to ditch the other earring.
5. For the second time, Romeo Beckham, of the ridiculously talented and good-looking Beckham family has landed himself the starring role in a Burberry ad campaign. This time he’s starring in a TV ad called “From London with love”. Check out the ad below and sigh at the dreaminess.
6. After just over a year with Schiaparelli, Marco Zanini has left the company, after reports surfacing from WWD that Zanini wasn’t happy at the company. I guess we’ll have to see who the new creative director for the company will be. Read more about it here.
7. Ombre hair is finally being given the heave-ho by the fashion crowd. Considering it’s been around for a few years, it’s kinda surprising that it’s still around, but the a/w season has finally told this hairstyle where to shove it.
8. It seems not everyone is a fan of Hedi Slimane. Founder of A.P.C. Jean Touitou has remarked in an interview with Vestoj magazine that not only is Slimane unpleasant to work with, but “he thinks he’s the Kaiser or something,”and is apparently trying too hard to by Yves Saint Laurent himself. Ooh er, do I hear a fashion catfight breaking out? Read more about it here.
9. Well Gap don’t seem to be having that great a week. Continuing on the trend for creative heads to be leaving and joining other fashion brands, they’ve lost their director of global fashion Carolyne Rapp has left the company. WWD is apparently not looking for a replacement for the role. Read more about it here.
10. And lastly, it’s been quite a bad week for John Galliano after he lost his unfair dismissal case against both of his former employers Christian Dior SA and John Galliano SA. He had been seeking between €2.4 and €12 million for his firing after his drunk racist and anti-Semitic rant back in 2012. With his appointment with Maison Martin Margiela, he should be kept quite busy though. Read more about it here on fashionista.com.