The fashion chart for the week 26th October 2014.
1. The images for Mary Katrantzou for Topshop have landed and they’re as fantastic as we thought. So does this mean we have an actual reason now to go to the gym? Have a look at some of the images below or see more images on the style.com website.
2. Halloween is just around the corner and we all know what that means; it’s fancy dress time! Get into the festive spirit with these spooky pieces.1. New Look fur cat clutch, £19.99 – 2. Accessorize gold spider ring, £6 – 3. ASOS Trick or Treat slippers, £25 – 4. Cath Kidston orange crochet knit jumper, £65 – 5. Ines Figaredo Graphite Hamlet Clutch, £2084 via Luisaviaroma.
3. Miss Selfridges new Premium Collection, a vintage-inspired party range, is full of sequins, glitter and all things decadent. The Christmas party season is still another month away, but here we can start early with these fabulous pieces.
4. Gisele Bundchen is the new face of Chanel No.5 perfume and the new ad, directed by none other than Buz Luhrmann has just dropped and it’s a glamorous and decadent as his previous work with Nicole Kidman. Go check it out on YouTube here.
5. Seventies style is proving to be the fashion trend of autumn/winter 2014. We’re talking everything from printed wrap dresses, knee-length boots and bold autumnal colours. The Telegraph’s Fashion done a brilliant article to get your sartorial influences going.
6. This week we learned of the death of Oscar De La Renta, an iconic American designer that was as famed for his classical and elegant designs as for his very high-profile clients such as Jackie Kennedy and subsequent first ladies.
7. A very amusing story has appeared during the week, about a Chanel bagel bag that was worn by India Muenez to a Chanel dinner in New York city for the launch of the new Chanel No.5 ad. It turns out it was the work of Canadian artist Chloe Wise as part of an ongoing sculpture series. Read the entire story here on Glamour.
8. Sarah Jessica Parker has been getting into a spot of hot water with the residents of the West Village townhouse is New York, the outdoor setting of ‘Sex and the City’ Carrie Bradshaw’s apartment. Apparently she never asked for permission to do an impromptu photo shoot for her new shoe collection for Nordstrom. You can read the entire story here on New York Post’s Page Six.
9. Vivienne Westwood has been accused of plagiarising by author Paul Gorman in regards to her new memoir. He accuses both her co-author Ian Kelly and the publishers for lifting up to 40 sections of his 2001 book The Look: Adventures in Rock and Pop Fashion. You can read the entire article here.
10. And finally, it’s been a bad few months for Hermés as customers have been returning their Birkins because they start smelling of skunk when left in the sunlight. Try not to contain your laughter too much, but if you’re up for a giggle then read the article and subsequent comments on Purse Blog here.